Using XAML syntax in Balder declarative

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Hi, i saw a post with some new features to use declarative Balder, some how i  lost track of it...

I've downloaded  version 0.8.7 from GIT, and i like to have some info about balder in xaml...

Also is it possible to have content holder for the game like Canvas? So Balder can be a part of the silverlight page along with others?

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:09 AM

there is some Xaml support, so one can place the "game" where one wants. Also supports multiple games.

I have a blogpost about it:

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I think the syntax will change, or at least I will provide some other syntax as well. 
I'm thinking of doing something similar to this:

<balder:Game GameClass="TypeOfGameClass">
         <balder:Mesh x:Name="_myMesh" Asset="NameOfAsset"/>
         <balder:OmniLight x:Name="_myLight"/>

And on the Game control you would have the same that is exposed in the Game class.

So you'd have the Camera to manipulate with storyboards and such. I want to look closer at Behaviors from Blend and provide full support for Commands for things such as the new Click event on Node that is not implemented and will be pushed in a release soon. 

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Ok... i must be missing something here...

I had a running project previous to version  0.8.7...

Downloaded v0.8.7, replace the dlls Balder.Core.Silverlight and Balder.SilverLight, notice that flatobjects and geometry changed...and alter the code so it points to them correctly...

No big deal,  it worked...

The as the blog states put the

in xaml and then the

<balder:RenderingContainer x:Name="_renderingContainer" Width="800" Height="600" BackgroundColor="Black"/>

First no balder was found so i replace the first to

but then i got the message 'the type balder:RenderingContainer was not found'

thx in advanced...

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I've had exactly the same problem.

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I will give it a shot myself and see what the problem might be - might be a problem with the build script, because when I have the source for Balder and do it, there is no complaints from the compiler and it works at runtime as well.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:45 AM

A couple of issues...

1.  I try and add a few SL controls and they do not show up.  They are in the same space as the Balder game control with a very high z-index.

2.  Blend keeps crashing with Balder code in the XAML this currently expected behavior?

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:12 AM

1. I'll need to investigate this

2. Blend support has not been implemented yet.

I will be focusing on Xaml support this week, so any input would be much appreciated.