Mesh formats

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi...

I´m having some issues regarding mesh loading...

I´m able to run the code source and see the audi rotating, but when i try to use my own ase file, nothing happens, all i seeis a black empty screen.

I created my ase file using 3dstudio max 9 with all updates, then i tried to use demoniak but the free version does not have any visual tool for create objects.

Can someone help with a tool or a way to convert objects that can be read by Balder, i even tryed to use one  of demoniak xml examples, with no results...error in stream loading, although is included in project with material image as a resource.

When i used audi.xml, that comes with the code i dont have a correct output.

Thx

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Did you set the build property of the .ase file to Resource? (in Visual Studio or Web Developer 2008)

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Yes i did...

In my first attempt with the 3dsmax 9 exported file, nothing loaded, not even all those stuff besides audi.ase, which i replaced for my own ase file...

Thing is... when using the audi.ase provided with the source, everythings goes ok...i see the car, the sun and everything...

Replacing the audi.ase file with my own...no error...but nothing loads...it is a scene with a text extrude object, none materials whatsoever, i tried with materials the same happend...

Strange to me is the fact, that even i got no exception, i see nothing not even the sun spinning...

I got that stream error first, then i set my file as a resource, and the error gone...but still nothing happened...

Thx for the fast reply

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Could you send the model to my email ? (einar _at_ dolittle _dot_ com) and I'll have a look.