Any way to Dispose a game?

Aug 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I really need a way to change the size of the game after initialization.  I read that this wasn't implemented yet so I figured I'd just create new game instances dynamically whenever I need a size change.  However, this causes my memory usage to skyrocket.  It seems like the garbage collector isn't disposing of the games properly.  Any way to force dispose a game?  Suggestions?  I really need this.  Thanks is advance.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

this has been reported to me by email from multiple locations and with help from one of them I know now what causes it. 

I will be working on it later tonight to get that sorted out. 

With Silverlight 5 for dynamic sizing of the view - that will be added next week, but will be in a separate branch. 
I have been thinking about adding it for the SL4 version as well, but am a bit unsure wether or not to focus much effort in the software rendering when SL5 is supposed to be released this year.  

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Hi again,

I started the work yesterday - but it took me a bit longer. I'll keep you posted here when I have a complete solution for the problem, it was a bit more involved than I initially thought.