Improvement of shades

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Hello,

I’m working on a Silverlight project using Balder and I’ve got a problem with the result I get and particularly the shades. Here is what I obtain link

Some details :

Each of my blocks is composed by several triangles located in the same plan on which I apply my texture: link

I use a light called « Omnilight » and the shade method called “gouraud”. The following diagram show my problem: link

On the left: This is what I’ve coded. The house, the camera and the light, all of them are lined up.

On the right: The result I guess I should have. The shades seem to be angled.

However, if the light is in the middle, the shades shouldn’t be angled the same way on the right or on the left of the door.

How can I get what I expect to get? Should I change the type of light or its position in relation to the house?

Thanks in advance for your answers and your help.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Thanks for all the details - really appreciate it. Please see : http://balder.codeplex.com/discussions/261051

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Thanks for your help.

I will try to change the distance between the light and the house.

I will tell you if it works

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Hello ,

I’ve just tried different locations for the light (closer, further,…) and for my camera, but I still have the same problem.

Can you give me a date for the next version of Balder?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Hi,

there will be a binary drop during August. It will focus in on fixing quite a few of these issues, plus optimizations and code-smell that needs to go away.