Issue building Balder.Silverlight.SampleBrowser5

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I succeed in building Balder.Silverlight5, but the Sample Browser project fails with error message:

Error 138 The tag 'NumericUpDown' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Input.Toolkit'.

As what I really need is Balder.Silverlight5, it's not critical. However, this issue is a common one among SL5 developers. ( ) How did you solve this one?

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

This proves again how much magic Visual Studio does for one and hides the fact I didn't have the DLL explicitly in the Components folder and a reference to it. The reason it works on my machine is that I have Silverlight Toolkit installed on my machine. 

I'll be looking into all the project files in a couple of days and fixing them. 

May 5, 2011 at 6:06 AM

I hit this too.  Is this a required dependency?  If so, which version / where?

May 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Silly question perhaps.  Where are you finding the SL5 version?  I grabbed the latest verion of Balder tonight, but I'm not seeing any SL5 parts.  Thanks for any info.

May 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I don't know either.  I just reverted my trivial changes, synced latest, and the solution disappeared on me too.  It was at source\solutions\Samplebrowser.Silverlight5.sln.

The weird thing is I looked through all the changes between the last sync point (888) and current (898) and I don't see which change deleted the solution.  Hg is not very intuitive to me but still...

May 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I fixed a couple of issues with a couple of project files today - seemed that there was some references to SL5 in some of them. 

The next couple of days will be focus of solution/project file cleanup, so hopefully we will be seeing all the targets compile properly with all the solution files and project files. Sorry for any inconvenience 

May 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Synced up today.  Samplebrowser.Silverlight5.sln is there.  It had the warning exclamation on a bunch of references to silverlight DLLs like System.Windows.Controls... but re-adding mostly satisfied it.  About 8-9 compile errors and 109 warnings left.  We need to add AnimationController.cs and IAnimation.cs to the Balder.Silverlight5 project - presumably in the Animation folder.  (These are trivial enough I don't think I should set up a contribution fork just for that sort of thing yet.)  After that I've got just 4 compile errors (and 109 warnings).

Error 110 The type or namespace name 'Frame' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows.Controls' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Balder\Source\Balder.Silverlight.SampleBrowser\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs 45 42 Balder.Silverlight.SampleBrowser5

Error 112 The type or namespace name 'UriMapper' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Balder\Source\Balder.Silverlight.SampleBrowser\App.xaml.cs 49 10 Balder.Silverlight.SampleBrowser5

"UriMapper" I looked up first since the keyword was unique enough... looks like it was supported in Silverlight 4, 3... ouch:

Well I'm out of eval time for today - hope this info helps  :)