Happy new year!

Coordinator
Dec 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I'd like to take time and wish everyone a happy new year.

Thanks to everyone using Balder and helping out finding oddities and bugs and all the great feedback you've been giving in 2010. Balder would not have gotten were it is today without this constant feedback.

So, 2011 is at the doorstep, what does this mean for Balder. Well, it means the work will continue - brick by brick. I know there are quite a few of you waiting for a couple of features, especially around rendering of transparent textures, opacity from the materials and so forth, and also quite a few expectations for the Windows Phone 7 version. The work will continue, hopefully at a reasonable pace so that everyone is happy.

The last week or so has been focused on trying to document Balder in a better way, especially from an architecture point of view. The reason for this is not only for the documentation itself, but also to help bring more developers on, so that they can get a head start on were and how to contribute to the project. Hopefully this work will be done soon so the focus can go back to implementing new features and fixing bugs that are present in the library.

I'd also like to give a special thanks to everyone for having the patience in waiting for new features and bugfixes. Its not always an easy job prioritizing what to do, and sometimes the priorities might look a bit strange - but there are usually reasoning behind it all. 

With all that; Happy new year!!!