z-index when multiple Geometries in scene

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Hi again, i have noticed that z-index of wireframe, doesn't always work like expected when wireframe is set on surfaces belonging to different meshes / geometry objects.

In this picture of a bridge  ftp://ftp.netic.dk/Upload/Balder/   (you may have to use username = svibs-anon password = svibs) -

there's an blue bridge object with a green arrow on top, the green curved object (an animated modeline object in separate geometry object)

is positioned beneath the bridge object ( at this stage).

the wireframe on the blue bridge object is correctly

z-index and therefore the blue wireframe is hidden beneath the arrow. The arrow and the blue wireframe is rendered in one Geometry object.

But the green wireframe is penetrating the blue bridge object and green arrow, it really shouldn't be visible on top of the blue / green surfaces of the

bridge object at this stage ! what should i do in order to correct this if possible ?

the two objects (blue bridge and green animation modeline) are both added to a scene at runtime. 

thanks in advance

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Which version are you using, I did some work on this on Friday (http://balder.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/e9e4801a165f).

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I have tried the

81da556512e5

source of october the 22 th

but this didn't solve this problem

thanks

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Could you email me a screenshot explaining on the screenshot what the problem is. I might have fixed something else instead of your problem then.. :)

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM

ill try to make it more clear just a sec..