how to get Balder dev document?

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Hi, I am very interesting in Balder, now I am going to develop a program using Balder, but not very clear about the APIs. so where can i get the document? thanks.

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:00 AM
Edited Aug 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I think first you can see the video in the home page "", that will give you a brief introduction for the most important part of Balder engine and totally in XAML, pretty simple.

Second, you can see the tutorials on the home page, pick what you are interested

Last, I guess, just download the source code, compile it and play with sample browser a little.

I will say Balder API is very intuitive and will become even more better if the author finish adding the design time support for VS2010 and Blend 4. It might be in next release I guess. 

Aug 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Also, if you have any questions about the API, just pop by the discussions here - I will be happy to assist. 

The SampleBrowser, found on the frontpage has a bunch of samples with source code in the browser.

As for documentation, that is something that I'm working on. I have done some, but not too much focused yet. Been focusing my effort on getting the feature set to a certain level. This will however improve over time.

Hope you find Balder interesting and want to stay with it. 

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I've added a Features page to the WIKI as well :

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:59 AM

many thanks.