KeyDown Event and Actor class

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I was having success using arrow keys to control my Mesh position when I simply added it to the UserControl with Xaml.  However, I wanted to use the Actor class, but was unable to pass the Scene referance during instantiation.  So, I referred to your samplebrowser teapot "mygame.cs" example to programatically add the mesh.  From there I was able to start using the Actor class because the "Scene" was now available to be passed into the Actor constructor.  After this I discovered that the "KeyDown" event did not work in Game.  I got around this by making a keyboard manager class that runs in MainPage.xaml.cs and contains static variable that I can access from within "mygame.cs".

So I guess my question is, is this supposed to work this way, am I doing something wrong, or does the "KeyDown" event in Balder just not work yet?

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Keyboard support has not been added yet, so the way you're doing it is probably the way to go for now. 

Also worth mentioning, the Actor system is not complete yet either, a bit of loose ends here and there - I'm afraid. Sorry about that.