Jun 29, 2010 at 8:47 AM
Edited Jun 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Balder has for the time being a bit limited rendering capabilities - mostly resembling Playstation 1 quality at the moment.
The following things are what I've defined as missing in the rendering, please add to it if you see more things you'd like to see:
- Shaded texturemapping
- Perspective corrected texturemapping and shading
- Multi-texturing, enabling 2 textures or 1 texture and a reflection map
- Bump mapping / Normal interpolation
In addition the following:
- "Vertex shader" - the ability to get a callback for each vertex during rendering to be able to modify it
- Make the Materials responsible for calculation based on lighting - instead of as today, lights actually calculating the color of a vertex/triangle.
I'd love to get the 3D model you want to have in Balder and images or even better, something executable that has the model in it that shows your expected result. That makes it a lot easier for me to actually get to that point.
my email is : einar [at] dolittle [dot] com