Major namespace changes. In 0.8.8.0 we introduced a set of Controls that could be used directly in Xaml, these were located in the Balder.Silverlight assembly in the Balder.Silverlight.Controls namespace. Shortly after the release, we realized a better way of doing this and started to move things around.
All "native" elements in Balder.Core is now possible to use directly on a Silverlight Xaml surface.
This basically means for existing applications already utilizing the Controls namespace introduced in previous version, that you need to point it to another namespace.
All tutorials will be updated to reflect the changes.All changes:
- Introduced Silverlight in Core, but still maintaining platform independence
- Using core objects directly in Xaml can now be done
- Removed all controls in Balder.Core.Silverlight.Controls - not needed anymore
- Introduced View namespace with IView interface and Camera implementing it
- Viewport has View property insted of Camera
- Moved rendering from a multithread environment to run synchronously on the CompositionTarget. It gives better performance, due to synchronization issues between all threads. Will be revisited in the future.
- DebugLevel is now known as DebugInfo and is an object containing booleans - present on the Game control/class
- Cylinder primitive introduced
- Pivot point for all nodes
- Sprites rendering with alpha channel
- Support for ReflectionMapping on materials
- New drawing routines, optimized
- SampleBrowser, can be found here
- NodesControl - datadriven nodes control with templating - In Balder.Silverlight.Controls
- NodesStack - datadriven stacking of nodes with templating - in Balder.Silverlight.Controls