Materials-Texture Fill

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Hi...

Is there any property to control how image in texture is applied to the mesh?

I got this box, applied a material with a textured bitmap but i see the image several times in each face....

Thx

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Are you using the Box primitive in Balder or a Mesh from file?

The mapping of the Box primitive is to make the image stretch for each side of the box - filling the side.

There is no way today for controlling the mapping. This is normally something you'd be doing in the 3D modelling software, but I have been thinking of adding modifiers that let you control everything yourself.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Well i tried both... in my own mesh which was a simple sphere from 3dsmax 2010, the reflection map rendered but the textured didnt...just change the color....

Anyway...in your example with the teapot you got correct rendering of one image...

Are there any special rules of sizing or format for images to apply in texture?

Thx

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Ok i got it :)

Images must be square and its size must be a power to 2 (256,512...etc)

Anyway i got the reflection material working good in loaded meshes but the texture only renders in balder primitives...

Thx

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Sorry about that. I forgot to mention that. In fact, I should have a check during load and throw a meaningful exception. Thanks for reminding me.
My plan is to have an option for resizing them automatically.  

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.