VS2008 problems compiling

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Im having some dificulties compiling balder.core in vs2008

i have vs2008 working with some silverlight projects of my own, but it have problems with binarytree and vertex classes.

some help would be apreciated.

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Are you compiling from the Trunk branch? And using the Balder_Silverlight.sln found in Solutions ?

Please add the compiler output, so I can see what is going on.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Thx for the fast reply.

U were right, i wasnt using the right solution.

I tried then use the Balder.Core.Silverlight solution but i could not compile either...

Then i realise vs2008 converted the solution, but left some important files out....

I wiil now try to see if i can compile each project alone.

Can u tell me  the precedence order for me to start compile the projects, i mean, which   one is first and so on...

Im very interested in become a contributor to these project cause i really like Silverlight and 3D as always been my favourite poison...hehe

cheers mate.

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Hi again,

if one leaves out the Test projects, the correct build order is as follows:

Balder.Core.Silverlight
Balder.Core.SoftwareRendering.Silverlight
Balder.Silverlight

Then, your test app and the Web application.

We love if people want to contribute, that is the main reason we're working so hard these days to get the sourcecode moved to GIT. At the moment, all the source is placed over at GITHub and this is were we are working and doing the core changes at the moment. If you'd like to contribute and you're not familiar with GIT or GITHub, please read the guide we've created : http://balder.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=ContributeTutorial&referringTitle=RepositoryGuide

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Thx man...

i've been able to compile, following your sequence...

i add both balder.silverlight.testapp and balder.silverlight.testappweb they both compile...but i only get to see a black square...

Anyway ill take from here...ill be in touch :)

by the way i've subscribed in to GIT as khalla

thx

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM

errr.. i seem to have a problem...it says could not load file or assembly ninject.core 1.5.0.158 in browser...

i guess thats why i only see a black square :)

can u help me...

thx

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Ok.

You need to add a reference to Ninject.* assemblies in your Test project, they are located in the Components directory.

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM

thats basic...sorry

wrong reference in testapp

:)

its alright now..thx