could not load type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color' from assembly 'System.Windows,'

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM

A wired problem occurred when I used balder silverlight5  to build a new silverlight application. I sat up a new silverlight project in vs 2010, and included new references of balder silverlight5 - totally 5 dll files.

I created a new game like this:

Game game = new Game(){Width = 400, Height = 300};

when I tried to run the application the error above happened.

Not sure this is a bug of new balder silverlight5 or what else, would like to get some guidance.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM

the problem has been fixed already - by downloading the source code and recompile it, and surprisingly found that there was a system.window.dll file included.

Anyway, thanks indeed.

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Hi,yandol,I also have the same problem: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color' from assembly 'System.Windows'.

Can you tell me how to solve it in detail?

Thansks a lot for your reply.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

the fix has already been provided above your comment.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply. I download the source code from http://download-codeplex.sec.s-msft.com/Download/SourceControlFileDownload.ashx?ProjectName=balder&changeSetId=4ee4dbd23918.

And I don't know recompile which solution. I find some solutions in the folder balder_4ee4dbd23918\Source\Solutions.

I try to recompile the solution of Samplebrowser.Silverlight5,but dll errors occur.

Now my first question is : which solution I should recompile?

Now my second question is:After you recompile it successfully,you get a assembly System.Windows,what is the version of the dll? Is it 5.0.5.0 or 4.0.6 or else?

I previously develop 3D program using Silverlight4 with Balder. I am a new fish in Silverlight5+Balder.

I have this problem for a week.My english is not very good. Thanks a lot for your next reply.

Thank you!

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM

if you are using the download version of Balder_4ee4dbd23918, here is the dir to the system.windows.dll which you should included in the project references:

Balder_4ee4dbd23918/source/balder/SLBin/Debug

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Thanks a lot. It does solve my problem,Thanks you!

It's the problem of the version of assembly System.Windows.dll.When I create SL5 Demo with Balder,I use the 5.0.5.0 version of System.Windows.dll, and the error same as the title occurs. According to what you said,I use the 4.0.60310.0 version instead of 5.0.5.0,the error is gone.

Thanks again for your patient answer.