Container Rotation

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Hi,

I want to rotate objects in my container through silverlight controls and throught mouse interaction(InteractionEnabled="true").

I used Container.Rotation. X Y Z properties and it works fine with controls, but when I move it with mouse it doesnt change Rotation values, what properties does mouse interaction use?

Thanx!

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Not sure I quite understand, but are you expecting any interaction on objects inside a Container to bubble up to the Container itself and with InteractionEnabled=true on the container, you expect all the nodes inside to rotate?

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Situation is as follows:

I have multiple mesh objects which creates one final object, so when I interact with container i move every single object as they were parts of one whole.

I am suprised that rotation values aren't changed at container.

Are you implying that every single object in container is rotated individualy?

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Hi again, sorry for delayed answer - vacation time here in Norway.

if each object is marked with InteractionEnabled=true within the container, they are individually rotated. 

Enabling it on a Container level should not produce that result - in fact, I'm expecting it to not give you interaction on that level, but it should. I guess the desired effect should be on the Container level to rotate all objects relative to the container.

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.