Light and shade

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Hello

I am currently working on a Silverlight project and I’m using Balder. It allows me to draw my blocks and then I can apply some texture to them.

Material

Here is the result when using a single light

Result

Here is the result when using two lights             

Result2 - Result3

To give you some details, the light and the camera both have the same coordinates. Each of my blocks is composed by triangles that are located in the same plane, so I do not understand why these shadows are appearing.

Can you give me some details/solutions about that?

Thanks in advance,

Cordially

Jun 1, 2011 at 5:19 PM

There are some things that you must clarify:

Your house is composed from blocks and each block is a geometry?

You don't want shades at all? or you want only one shade per house face?

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Thanks for your answer.

The goal of my project is to dynamically generate this house. So the width of my blocks and their number in high vary.

The problem is that the result doesn’t match with the originate texture. It is well darker and almost grey tint.

My objective is to have a realistic result, even if for this I have to limit the display or the opacity of the shades.

I have clearly seen that in Balder there was 3 modes to manage shades (No shade, shade, a mixed of the two first).

If I do not put shades, there is no delimitation between each block anymore (it is not realistic). If I put the third mode, it is just horrible. And if I put the shade mode (like in these pics), my texture is transformed and the result is changed.

The light is located at the same coordinates than the camera, just in front of the house: but the shade is not realistic. On the pic, it seems like it is located higher.

Thanks in advance again for your help,

cordially