Cannot build Balder.WP7 - "Silverlight 5 does not exist"

May 21, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Hi,

I am trying to build Balder.WP7 from today's source code (#013bbacd6d4f).  I get about 25 build errors (see below).

Is there a specific build of Balder.WP7 that compiles?

Thanks,
Richie

Error      10           The type or namespace name 'Silverlight5' does not exist in the namespace 'Balder.Rendering' (are you missing an assembly reference?)              Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Rendering\Xna\GeometryDetailLevel.cs  26                24           Balder.WP7

Error      11           The type or namespace name 'Silverlight5' does not exist in the namespace 'Balder.Display' (are you missing an assembly reference?)              Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Rendering\Xna\ImageContext.cs                26                26           Balder.WP7

Error      13           The type or namespace name 'Silverlight5' does not exist in the namespace 'Balder.Display' (are you missing an assembly reference?)              Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Execution\Silverlight\Platform.cs                29                22           Balder.WP7

Error      15           The type or namespace name 'Silverlight' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework' (are you missing an assembly reference?)     Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Rendering\Xna\GeometryDetailLevel.cs  29                31           Balder.WP7

Error      17           The type or namespace name 'Silverlight' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework' (are you missing an assembly reference?)     Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Rendering\Xna\ImageContext.cs                30                31           Balder.WP7

Error      9              The type or namespace name 'Silverlight' does not exist in the namespace 'Balder.Input' (are you missing an assembly reference?)              Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Execution\Silverlight\Platform.cs                26           20                Balder.WP7

Error      3              The type or namespace name 'Silverlight' does not exist in the namespace 'Balder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Controls\NodesStack.cs   23           14           Balder.WP7

Error      29           The type or namespace name 'Shader' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Materials\Material.cs        494         12           Balder.WP7

Error      19           The type or namespace name 'Point' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseEventArgs.cs              50           27           Balder.WP7

Error      21           The type or namespace name 'Point' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseEventArgs.cs              55           11           Balder.WP7

Error      22           The type or namespace name 'Point' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseEventArgs.cs              56           10           Balder.WP7

Error      24           The type or namespace name 'Point' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseButtonEventArgs.cs                68           33           Balder.WP7

Error      26           The type or namespace name 'Point' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseButtonEventArgs.cs                73           11           Balder.WP7

Error      27           The type or namespace name 'Point' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseButtonEventArgs.cs                74           10           Balder.WP7

Error      20           The type or namespace name 'IRenderingManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)              Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Rendering\Xna\GeometryDetailLevel.cs  51           20                Balder.WP7

Error      28           The type or namespace name 'IRenderingManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)              Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Rendering\Xna\GeometryDetailLevel.cs  80           30                Balder.WP7

Error      2              The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseEventArgs.cs              5              14           Balder.WP7

Error      4              The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Input\MouseButtonEventArgs.cs                24           14                Balder.WP7

Error      5              The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Objects\Geometries\Line.cs         24           23           Balder.WP7

Error      6              The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Objects\Geometries\Heightmap.cs           25           23                Balder.WP7

Error      12           The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Objects\Geometries\ArbitraryHeightmap.cs         27           23                Balder.WP7

Error      14           The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Color.cs   29           25           Balder.WP7

Error      23           The type or namespace name 'DependencyProperty' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Controls\NodesStack.cs   59           26           Balder.WP7

Error      25           The type or namespace name 'DependencyProperty' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Controls\NodesStack.cs   71           26           Balder.WP7

Error      30           'Balder.Materials.Material.Shader' is a 'field' but is used like a 'type'                Balder_013bbacd6d4f\Source\Balder\Materials\Material.cs        496         10           Balder.WP7

Coordinator
May 21, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I will be focusing my effort the next couple of days getting all the different versions to compile. Due to rushing Silverlight 5 support - WP7 and WPF suffered loss in compileability (is that a word ?  :) )

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:47 AM
adept wrote:

I will be focusing my effort the next couple of days getting all the different versions to compile. Due to rushing Silverlight 5 support - WP7 and WPF suffered loss in compileability (is that a word ?  :) )

I'ld be happy to hear about WPF whings working too - THX :-)

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Turns out this was a bit more work than I had originally hoped for. The XNA implementation has a couple of issues I need to resolve.

My main concern is these days to bring the SL5 version up to speed. After that is done, which is all XNA code, I will start internally porting the code and adapting it to work with WPF and WP7.

Hopefully I'll have a binary drop in a couple of weeks when this has all been aligned and the worst kinks has been removed. But I might be dropping the non-Mango WP7 support, its just a pain maintaining too many versions of the code.