Create Cylinder using StartPoint and EndPoint...

May 15, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Here I want to Create an cylinder from the startPoint to endPoint and of course with some other relative properties . Can anyone give some tips .Many thanks!!!

May 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM

The built in Cylinder in Balder has support for this - are there more properties than the built in you are looking for?

The built in one could serve as a good example of how you can build your own as well, and expand on.

May 21, 2011 at 3:15 AM
Edited May 21, 2011 at 3:18 AM

Thank you for your reply ! But I think I have not got you well.

I want to create a Cylinder Using StartPoint and EndPoint (for example:(0, 0, 0) and (50, 50, 50) )

I think I should calculate each angle for the  "Rotation" Property,(for example:(0, 0, 0) and (50, 50, 50)  Is Rotation (45, 45, 45) ok ? )

But if I create another Cylinder with the Points( (50, 50, 50) and (100, 100, 100)  and Rotation (45, 45, 45) ) . But they are not linked with each other.

Thank you very much!!!

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 AM

You should be able to achieve the same. A cylinder has the following properties : 

- StartAngle
- EndAngle
- Size

The size part is typically the height of the cylinder, also you have TopRadius and BottomRadius to control the radius of the cylinder. Then it would be matter of using the Rotation property to rotate into position.

The Cylinders are independent objects - but you could link properties with Silverlight binding, element to element.