When will be the stable version 1.0?

May 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM

When will be the stable version 1.0?

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Hi,

versioning is one of the things that has been the hardest for Balder. There are always features that should have been implemented, platforms to support - so basically the strategy now has been more of keeping it as stable as possible and not care too much about the version number other than a way of communicating. That being said, there will be a stabilization phase that will start soon. This phase will focus on parity between the different supported platforms and make sure they are completely the same and doing what the API promises. 

As for a version 1 and what the definition of that would be, I'd say it would include at least the following : 

- Animation support, kinematics + skinned meshes
- Complete the 3DS loader
- Complete the Collada loader
- Full parity for at least Silverlight 4/5, WPF, Xna and Windows Phone 7

There are a couple of known issues that would need care as well. One of them would be parity between the Xaml based API and the programatic approach.

I'd love to get feedback from you and others on what you're expecting from a version 1. 

May 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Thank you for your reply.

All that you have listed is very important and interesting. "Alpha" is associated with instability, so I have not used Balder. From version 1.0 I expect stability.