WP7 and Geometries:Mesh

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Getting a "not implemented" exception when trying to use the wp7 binaries with Geometries:Mesh

is this a known issue?  is there another way to load a model into a phone project?

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Whats the code you try? 

You can't just go and new them up, you'd have to either go through the ContentManager or add them to your Xaml surface. 

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM

here is what I'm using, No code behind in this test, all XAML.  this same code works in a SL4 project with the SL4 balder.dll (tank is on screen and freely rotatable - tanks_panzer2.ase is an ASE, with png materials)  Thanks for the help!!!

Reference: Balder.dll and Ninject.dll

<Grid x:Name="ContentPanel" Grid.Row="1" Margin="1,0,1,0"> 
            <Execution:Game Width="480" Height="600">
                    <View:Camera Position="0,30,-60" Target="0,0,0"/>

<Lighting:OmniLight Position="-100,100,0" Diffuse="Gray"/>
                <Geometries:Mesh x:Name="tank" AssetName="tanks_panzer2.ase" InteractionEnabled="True" Width="200" Height="200" Scale="0.1,0.1,0.1"/>
                <!--<Geometries:Box x:Name="Box" Dimension="20,20,20" Color="Red" InteractionEnabled="true"/>-->

In App.XAML.cs for WP7 solution:

static App()

Also tried:

private void Application_Launching(object sender, LaunchingEventArgs e)

// Code to execute when the application is activated (brought to foreground)
        // This code will not execute when the application is first launched
private void Application_Activated(object sender, ActivatedEventArgs e)

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I am having the same issue. It seems when I am using a model with a bitmap material. I took the globe example right from the samples. If I use that I get a NotImplementedException. If I replace it with a model that has no image for a material then it works. If I replace it for another model with material if gets the NotImplementedException. 

I just downloaded this library last night. (04/16/2011)

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Thanks for all the details. I'll investigate - can't remember from the top of my head what is missing here. 

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Any word here on what the solution was?  I'm seeing the same issue and haven't found a workaround.  I can't even display the sample audi.ase file

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I'm working on bringing the library more up to date on Windows Phone 7 - as it is now, its broken, doesn't even compile. Been focusing in on the Silverlight 5 version with hardware accelerated graphics. 

Stay tuned - sorry for taking so long getting it all done, been a stressful first half of this year.