How to create a 3d Chart like

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Hi 

Can anybody tell me how to create a chart like  this one  http://www.exceltradingmodels.com/images/voptionslarge3.png  

with balder or other silverlight techniques ?   Please give me a clue about it.

Thanks a lot!

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Hi,

I saw the email as well, but I'll answer here. 

Basically as far as I can see from the picture in this post - you would do that with a Heightmap - if you go to the SampleBrowser and look at the Heightmap primitive and the source code in the SampleBrowser tab, you get an idea of how thats working. 

Basically the Heightmap has a callback feature for every possible height in the map and you'd be able to get data from any source and use that as the "height".

Combining with a material that has Wireframe enabled, you should get the same effect.

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Hi adept

Thanks for your kind reply, I get some idea about it.

Another question, how to create a 3d scatter chart with coordinate like this one :

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://filer.case.edu/~dbh10/eecs466/3dData.png&imgrefurl=http://filer.case.edu/~dbh10/eecs466/report.html&usg=__pce1vQoESfsZnfjlKVS6AgOUAx8=&h=900&w=1200&sz=24&hl=zh-CN&start=19&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=BxuKIAinXOjYdM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3D3d%2Bscatter%2Bchart%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dzh-CN%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=k6d_TciwGpC_0QGAvOn4CA

Thanks so much!
Kun

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:05:54 -0700
Subject: Re: How to create a 3d Chart like [Balder:249782]

Hi,
I saw the email as well, but I'll answer here.
Basically as far as I can see from the picture in this post - you would do that with a Heightmap - if you go to the SampleBrowser and look at the Heightmap primitive and the source code in the SampleBrowser tab, you get an idea of how thats working.
Basically the Heightmap has a callback feature for every possible height in the map and you'd be able to get data from any source and use that as the "height".
Combining with a material that has Wireframe enabled, you should get the same effect.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Balder@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email Balder@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM

No problem.

That one is a bit more complicated - but not too hard. 

In Balder there is something called Sprite - you could use the NodesControl to bind against a source and use the NodeTemplate to define a sprite - the sprite would be just a flat circle. If you look at the SampleBrowser again,
under the Data samples, you'll find NodesControl usage. The NodeTemplate would then need to bind the Position to something you create. The "BarChart" sample is doing this, only it does it for Boxes, but the
principle is still the same.

Also, the one you sent on email with the lines in it - same technique as above, but you need a custom geometry that has lines instead of faces. The tutorial I've created for creating a mesh programatically might help you get
this done. You'll find it here

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:48 AM
Thanks a lot, adept, I will try !!

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:06:14 -0700
Subject: Re: How to create a 3d Chart like [Balder:249782]

No problem.
That one is a bit more complicated - but not too hard.
In Balder there is something called Sprite - you could use the NodesControl to bind against a source and use the NodeTemplate to define a sprite - the sprite would be just a flat circle. If you look at the SampleBrowser again,
under the Data samples, you'll find NodesControl usage. The NodeTemplate would then need to bind the Position to something you create. The "BarChart" sample is doing this, only it does it for Boxes, but the
principle is still the same.
Also, the one you sent on email with the lines in it - same technique as above, but you need a custom geometry that has lines instead of faces. The tutorial I've created for creating a mesh programatically might help you get
this done. You'll find it here.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Balder@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email Balder@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com