Near field clipping

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I continue to experience near field clipping for triamgles along the edge of the view for some positions in my models and for some camera heights.  I have previously worked directly with adept to notify of these issues.  Has there been aby progress?

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Just out of curiosity, could you explain how you can tell that it's near field clipping? I've been seeing some strange visual effects where items clearly in front of the camera disappear and reappear seemingly arbitrarily, and I found I could stop this happening by setting camera.far = 1000. I understand camera.far defaults to 5000 and all my objects should be much closer than that, so I don't understand how this helps, but it seems to. But I still get strange effects where objects blink out of sight or abruptly change size when the camera moves through certain positions, all the while staying well within the field of view and nowhere near the near or far clipping planes.

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:54 PM

These objects that I see disappearing are directly in front of the camera.  I have sent screen shots to adept in regards to this, and I cannot post them here.  If you can contact me through him, and we can communicate directly regarding this issue, I can send you screen shots.