ImageContext.SetFrame not implemented on WP7

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Hi,

I am porting my balder-based application from Silverlight to WP7.

Unfortunately I get a Not Implemented exception thrown with the ImageContext.SetFrame method.  Code and stacktrace follow.

Cheers,
Richie 

Code

ImageFormat imageFormat = new ImageFormat() {
    Depth = 32,
    PixelFormat = Balder.PixelFormat.RGBAlpha
};

WriteableBitmap writeableBitmap = this._layer.ToBitmap();

Balder.Imaging.Image image = Runtime.Instance.ContentManager.CreateAssetPart<Balder.Imaging.Image>();
image.Width = 512;
image.Height = 512;
image.ImageContext.SetFrame(imageFormat, writeableBitmap.ToByteArray());  // *** Not Implemented Exception Here ***

ImageMap imageMap = new ImageMap(image);
Material material = new Material() {
    DiffuseMap = imageMap,
    DoubleSided = true,
    Shade = MaterialShade.Gouraud,
};

Exception Details
System.NotImplementedException was unhandled
Message=NotImplementedException
StackTrace:
at Balder.Rendering.Xna.ImageContext.SetFrame(ImageFormat format, Byte[] frameBytes)

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Hi,

I'm afraid the WP7 version has been suffering quite a bit from lack of attention. This has not yet been implemented (as the exception says.. :) ). But, that being said. Quite a few has been starting to use Balder for WP7, which means that the pace will be picked up soon it. Hopefully the imaging and texturing support will be implemented during next week.

Stay with us. :)   We'll get there.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:31 AM
adept wrote:

Hi,

I'm afraid the WP7 version has been suffering quite a bit from lack of attention. This has not yet been implemented (as the exception says.. :) ). But, that being said. Quite a few has been starting to use Balder for WP7, which means that the pace will be picked up soon it. Hopefully the imaging and texturing support will be implemented during next week.

Stay with us. :)   We'll get there.

The same to the Silverlight?

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2010 at 8:05 AM

It works in Silverlight - but not Silverlight for the Phone, only Web/OOB.

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:07 AM
Edited Dec 27, 2010 at 2:48 AM
adept wrote:

It works in Silverlight - but not Silverlight for the Phone, only Web/OOB.

Well, I meant, the imaging and texturing never supported in the silverlight? Thanks a million!

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

No problem.

sorry but I'm not quite following you, but Imaging and Texturing works in Silverlight - just not on the Windows Phone.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Hi,

The most recent build of Balder (link) says "Image support + Texture support for Xna and theoretically WP7" but the ImageContext class (link) is still not implemented.  I am missing something or is this still a work in progress?

BTW. The two WP7 samples, the rubik's cube and tea pot, work just fine with the latest build.

Cheers,
Richie