can't view the designer

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I use the source codehttp://slartoolkit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets, but when compiling, I have two errors,
the first, I can not see the designer,
and second, I can not load the models. .. .ase
could you help me, please!?
For some time I'm trying to solve, there may be a bug in the file but I tried them all and I get the same thing.
thanks!

The following is the error in Visual studio 2010...

System.InvalidOperationException
An unhandled exception was encountered while trying to render the current silverlight project on the design surface. To diagnose this failure, please try to run the project in a regular browser using the silverlight developer runtime.
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.SilverlightViewProducer.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, ViewUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.SilverlightPlatformSpecificView.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, ViewUnhandledExceptionEventArgs args)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.Host.SilverlightImageHost.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Application_UnhandledException>b__0(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

System.ArgumentException
There is no loader for the specified file type 'ase'
   at Balder.Assets.AssetLoaderService.GetLoader[T](String assetName)
   at Balder.Content.ContentManager.LoadInto[T](T asset, String assetName)
   at Balder.Objects.Geometries.Mesh.Prepare(Viewport viewport)
   at Balder.Node.OnPrepare(Viewport viewport)
   at Balder.Rendering.NodeRenderingService.Prepare(Viewport viewport, INode node)
   at Balder.Rendering.NodeRenderingService.Prepare(Viewport viewport, NodeCollection nodes)
   at Balder.Scene.Prepare(Viewport viewport)
   at Balder.Display.Viewport.Prepare(PrepareMessage prepareMessage)
   at Balder.Execution.MessageSubscriptions`1.Notify(T message)
   at Balder.Display.Silverlight.Display.Prepare()
   at Balder.Rendering.Silverlight.RenderEventHandler.Invoke()
   at Balder.Rendering.Silverlight.RenderingManager.ShowTimer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Media.CompositionTarget.OnRendering(Object sender, RenderingEventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.RaiseEvent(IntPtr target, UInt32 eventId, IntPtr coreEventArgs, UInt32 eventArgsTypeIndex)

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure if the author of Slartoolkit is maintaining the Balder sample. It seems that the sample is using Balder wrong, since its not able to find the ASE loader, which is part of the core library. 

You might want to cross-post on Slartoolkits forum and see if that is the case. I talk to the author from time to time, so he'll probably contact me if there is something I need to do to align with his thoughts.

Dec 30, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Hi Einar,

I recently tried the latest Balder build with my SLARToolkit sample and I got the same error. It only occurs in the Visual Studio designer and the sample compiles and runs fine. I didn't have time to investigate this further. Maybe you want to look over the sample. Just check out the code and see the MainPage.xaml of the sample.

- Rene Schulte

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Thanks René for the input, I'll be sure to look into this as soon as I get a chance.