does balder support shadows, transparency, viewframe?

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM

does Balder currently have support for this tehologies? By shadows I mean an object to cast shadow on another

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 8:29 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Hi,

sorry for the late answer. But Balder does not at the moment support Shadows, but it is something that it should support. The biggest challenge is performance, but it might be possible to get this to a decent level.

As for transparency - this is also something that is missing at the moment, but might get in there really soon. 

Viewframe - I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate on what that is?

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

You can get transparency (on or off, not full translucency) by creating your own renderer.  If you find yourself needing that before Balder fully supports it let me know Ryan, I'll send you a demo.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:18 AM
xersoft wrote:

You can get transparency (on or off, not full translucency) by creating your own renderer.  If you find yourself needing that before Balder fully supports it let me know Ryan, I'll send you a demo.

I need a reference demo before Balder fully supports it. Please accept me thanks for the trouble you have taken. My contact information as follows:

wanglulw@sina.com

Thanks a million!