ASE File Usage

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hello. I am using the Getting Started project for Balder. I went to place one of my .ASE files into the project, and it doesn't seem to load. I have replaced the 3d source file name from audi.ase to example.ase. It doesn't give me a compile error, and the model doesn't seem to load. I exported the model from Blender (Goofos plug-in). I know I have imported the resource file correctly, and I believe to error is within the exporter.

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:46 PM

what is the compiler error you get?

And also, could you post your ASE file somewhere for me to download - easier to see what might be wrong with the file.

One thing that could be wrong, is something I've seen with some exporters. They use the operating system settings for what is a decimal separator. This is regional settings that might make the file unusable.
Balder uses neutral culture - which is the same as US. 

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Sorry, it must have been the way I worded the post, what I was trying to say was: I didn't get any compile errors. Try the link below to get the .ase file:

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:18 AM

I see that I completely misread your post.. :) 

Anyways, I looked at your file and couldn't see anything wrong. I'm going to try it out in Balder too, but won't have time to do that before Monday - I'm afraid. I'm heading out the door and will be away for the weekend.