Camera "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Hello Adept,

Thanks for all the help getting Balder to build.

I've created a new test project similar to the one in this thread http://balder.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=229051 (Same test, except I'm using Silverlight's built in ChildWindow)

The scene is working, but in Visual Studio, I'm getting a error in my xaml when trying to set the camera's Position and Target.  

<View:Camera Position="-80,120,-120" Target="0,0,0" />
Position and Target are both highlighted with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The funny thing is the project builds, and the camera is working correctly? (there is a texturing issue, but that can be addressed in another thread)
Has the View:Camera object changed?
Thanks
Don
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM

That was an odd thing. It is related to the lack of full design-time support for Balder. When in full Xaml view, this does not occur and it works in runtime, I find it a bit odd that its treated so differently when in design-time.

Answer to your question if Camera has changed, it has not changed, but what I'm suspecting is that the way I handle dependency properties internally, which has changed quite a bit, causes this. Its probably something that is very different during design-time.