Material addressing issues in

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Hi adept,

I'm trying new version of Balder - it's cool ! Rendering is much more faster, nicer and considerable accurately.

But there are some new changes in addresing of materials in Geometry, or....  What I have is a model with subnodes with its own materials. I mean specifically Material property in class Geometry. I'm loading this model from the same file (ASE) several times. Of course, consequently there will be multiple instances of the same materials. In I have problem, because core don't allow load new material with the name of existing one, previously loaded. So how to solve this issue? Or what could help me is - where I can access some stock of existing materials, where I will be able to search materials by name?

Thank you very much for response,

Oct 9, 2010 at 6:34 AM

Hi and thanks,

this must be a bug. All content should in theory be cached. I need to look into this.

Oct 9, 2010 at 6:35 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 15, 2010 at 8:28 PM

This was caused by a late introduction of naming of materials read from files - silly me used the Name property on the Material, and Material inherits from a Silverlight object, and being part of the VisualTree in Silverlight it causes an exception when two objects with the same material with the same name exists. 

For now I've commented out the assignment of name from the file loader. Its  in this changeset.

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Thanks very much, adept :) It's working now ! Thanks again for your effort!

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Great. Glad it works.