No/Black textures in intermediate versions

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Hi again Einar,

I really like the FacePicker & manipulation samples and I'm trying to get them to work but have the following problem:

I have a TestApp dating back to version 0.8.8.6 which I converted to version 0.8.8.8, but when I try it with the latest sources the faces become black.

Is there a switch/patch I can set/apply to get it to work?

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Thanks,

A lot has happened since 0.8.8.6 - but I'm not sure what it is that causes black faces - do they have Materials, and is lighting set properly? The two things that has changed the most since 0.8.8.6 would be lighting and materials.

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Thanks, found it.

The light was created but not added to the scene. I guess this was sufficient to show the textures for v0.8.8.8 and back because there was no texture shading or this worked different?

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Great. Lack of shading was probably it.
Aug 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I still can't get the lighting right.

I'm loading from an ASE-file, but the shader automatically kicks in. How can I set it to None?

I tried changing some settings of the ASE-file, but to no effect. Do I have to set the Material (incl Shader type) in C# (or XAML)?

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 8:07 PM

For now it doesn't respect all the Material properties, I've got in on my list. So for now, the only way to do this is to typically do it programatically. Problem is that there is no way to get hold of the material in a simple way without going directly into the mesh data. 

I'll see if I can fix this in a couple of days, as it sort of doesn't make sense now.