.ase exporting?

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Hello, I've been playing around with Balder demos and i must say i'm impressed with whats avaliable, i can see myself spending more and more time making 3d content as a result :). One question though, how should i set up a 3ds max scene to export correctly? Currently if i create a simple square with no textures or materials it doesn't show up in balder (obviously theres nothing for it too show but it does load the asset which is what i wanted to test) However as soon as i apply a simple Blinn material it crashes on loading the scene, i'm thinking it doesn't like blinns as a material or i need to apply a texture and uv map. I've looked around a bit to find a simple yes and no list for balder models and can't see one, if someone could point me to a list or just tell me things to avoid i'd be much appreciative ^.^. Regards, Ashley
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Fixed the problem by nosing around in one of the provided .ase files :). Phong seems to be prefered. Another tip, don't make things too big and then wonder why you can't see them, makes you look very silly :s. Ashley
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM

:)  

Glad you like Balder and good you figured it out. 

You might want to go look at the updated SampleBrowser to get a feeling of what Balder is capable of. Mind you, this is next version (0.8.8.9) coming soon.

Also, have a blog-post about it : http://www.ingebrigtsen.info/post/2010/08/18/Balder-0889-very-close.aspx