How can I instantiate a Balder Image object?

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Previously I have been following the sample examples: Defining a Material where the DiffuseMap property is the string to the image resource. In the long run I want to load surfaces dynamically, for example, by retrieving an image from a database on my server. In code I can easily create a material and specify the DiffuseMap, but I have no idea how I would get the object that IS the DiffuseMap (which by now is some other form of image in code).
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM

The Material system will undergo refactoring the next week or so, also I'll be looking at making the loading more flexible. Right now its everything but flexible - basically supporting only loading from whats in your XAP file. This has to change - very soon.

Jul 9, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Thanks for your reply, is there anything I can do to help speed this up? (My current time is bound to using your project at the moment, so I'm on a bit of a go-slow at the moment anyway).

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I think it will go pretty fast when I first get started, its all laid out in my head, just need to implement it. But thanks for offering.