Rendering in VS2010 design mode

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Hi...

I've an issue rendering in vs2010, it throws the exception:

System.InvalidOperationException
An unhandled exception was encountered while trying to render the current silverlight project on the design surface. To diagnose this failure, please try to run the project in a regular browser using the silverlight developer runtime.

at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.SilverlightViewProducer.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, ViewUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.SilverlightPlatformSpecificView.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, ViewUnhandledExceptionEventArgs args)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.Host.SilverlightImageHost.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Application_UnhandledException>b__0(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I remember to see it well before build 8.8.6...

thx

private Balder.Core.Imaging.Image LoadTexture(string uri)
        {
            // Todo: this is very hacky - refactoring of the asset system will make this not needed!
            var assetLoaderService = KernelContainer.Kernel.Get<IAssetLoaderService>();
            var loader = assetLoaderService.GetLoader<Balder.Core.Imaging.Image>(uri);
            var images = loader.Load(uri);
            if (images.Length == 1)
            {
                return images[0];
            }
            return null;
        }
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

DesignTime support has not been added yet, so I'm expecting all kinds of trouble there until it is implemented and supported.